Quiche Lorraine - Day 4

    As I began to skip through the pages of Julia Child's recipe book. I was trying to find a great lunch and dinner food. I then stumbled upon the recipe for a Quiche Lorraine which seemed fast and quick to follow. My mom makes Quiches regularly and so I took it upon myself to try and make a taster one than hers. 
The Crescent Roll dough



    Preparations: I skimmed through the recipe to check if I had all the ingredients necessary. The only ingredient missing was a pastry and although there were directions to make the pastry, I instead just bought some (out of laziness). I went to Giant and purchased Crescent Roll, and it saved me lots of time! Once all my ingredients were gathered on my clean counter, I was ready to dive in. 

    Time:  In the directions for the recipe, it said that the baking time would be from 25 to 30 minutes but my quiche was not golden and fully cooked until 35 minutes. Regarding the preparation time, it only took me 25 minutes before being able to put my quiche in the oven, although I did have help from my mother. So, in order for things to move faster, I recommend getting a Sous- Chef.

The bacon sizzling in the pan


    Realizations: Something I realized through the process of making this quiche, is that it is much easier than I originally had expected. There were not that many steps, and overall it was quite simple to follow the directions and execute them well. I was impressed as I had assumed that this was going to be harder than it was. 

    Mistakes: The only mistake that I could improve the next time, is the size of the pan I used. I underestimated how fluffy and full the final product would be and so as a result, the final product was a little overflowing. I realized when I poured the liquid into the pan that it was going to be a little tight, but it still worked. Despite the overflowing, the final product was still delicious and worth making! 
The liquid ingredients 



    Next time: In the future, I will use a larger pan. That was really the only mistake that I made while making this recipe. It was so simple that I barely made any mistakes, which says something about the recipe! I was impressed with the results and will definitely be making this recipe again and trying to engrave it in my brain. 

Conclusion: I would rate this recipe a solid 10/10 because the directions were clear and I only made one mistake. This mistake also has a simple solution and next time I will for sure fix it. I totally recommend making this for a nice, relaxing dinner or lunch. The quiche is great and my family had some leftovers for lunch the next day. Hopefully, whoever is reading this can try it and enjoy it as much as my family does! 

The final product!






Comments

Popular Posts