Clafoutis - Day 6

   
     For the recipe of this week, I decided to make a Clafoutis because I was drawn to it. I usually always am trying to find something simple and easy to make and so this was perfect for me. I do enjoy cooking and baking but because of my strict dance schedule, I usually want something quick. 

Batter in the blender


     Preparations: Nothing different from any other time I have made these recipes. I always start by cleaning off my counter and getting all of the ingredients and supply out and at reachable length. Before starting, I read through the recipe in order to familiarize myself with everything so that I know vaguely what I have to complete next. 

  Time: Making the batter took the least amount of time compared to the baking time. I do recommend not starting to make this dish at 10:30 because the time it takes to bake is way too long and then you cannot go to sleep until the timer goes off! All of the steps to making the batter and extremely simple and took only 20 minutes to make and once everything was in the blend it only took 5 more minutes until everything that in the oven. Although the batter took no time at all, the batter cooked in the oven for one hour. Even though the cooking time was long, I barely had to do anything so it was not bad at all. 

After heating the batter a little

      Realizations: Overall, my only realization was that making a Clafoutis is easier than I originally had expected. For some reason, I assumed that because Clafoutis sounded very French and fancy that it was going to be difficult to make. Surprisingly, I was wrong and because I took the chance to make it, I now know that I can say I have made a Clafoutis and I have made one successfully. 

      Mistakes: I truly did not make any big mistakes that ruined my final product because it turned out super well. Of course, there are some things that I could have done better but I made no mistakes. I would like to thank Julia Child for making such an easy recipe where I made no mistakes. That shows how easy it is to make this because in all of my recipes that I have made on this blog, I have always made at least one mistake! 


Before the oven

      Next Time: In the future, I will 100% be remaking this dish because my family absolutely devoured it within seconds, although this time I was able to get some pictures. Although I said I did not make any mistakes, I did say that there were some things I could improve on next time. Once the batter was mixed in the blender I was supposed to pour 1/4 inch layer of the batter into a baking dish and set it over moderate heat. I did do this although I think the heat that I put it at was a little to hot and so there were many bubbles in the in the batter which I don't think was supposed to happen. This did not really affect my final product but I still think that next time I will put the heat a little lower than it was. 

      Conclusion: I would definitely rate this dish a 10/10 as it was extremely delicious. The only thing for my family is that there was not a lot even though the recipe said it was for 6 to 8 people. Julia Child definitely was a good recipe writer because I was able to successfully make this dish! My family and myself really enjoyed this recipe as well because it was eaten very quickly. 

Final Product!







Comments

Popular Posts