Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate frosting- Day 5

     I drifted away from my original plan to only make recipes out of the Julia Child book, because today I was so tempted to make some cupcakes that were not in her book. Originally, I was inspired by another blog that was written in this class to make chocolate cupcakes, when I fell upon a delicious looking recipe. The recipe was one I found online called Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting, although I wanted Nutella frosting so I browsed the recipe site for a Nutella recipe and I found one!

    Preparations: As I usually do, I began by skimming through this new recipe to get a gist of what I had to do. Once my counters were clean and mixing bowls were out, I prepared all my ingredients by taking them out and after being used put them right back where they belong. As a result of this organization, my kitchen never really got extremely dirty because my ingredients were never left out after being used. 

    Time: I read the blog that inspired me on Friday when I was writing comments so I did not wait to fulfill my desire to have chocolate cupcakes. I started baking quite late because I was procrastinating as I always do! The total amount of time that it took before putting the cupcake batter in the oven was about 45 minutes as I was watching Netflix at the same time (it would have gone faster if I hadn't watched New Girl at the same time). The baking time in the oven was 20 minutes but then I had to make the frosting while they were baking. Overall, it took me around a 1:30 to make these phenomenal cupcakes. 
The leftover Nutella frosting



    Realizations: I did not have many realizations while making these cupcakes because the recipe was really simple to follow. However I did realize that baking can be quite relaxing while watching a movie or TV show! 

    Mistakes: I made a couple mistakes throughout this process. The first one was a measuring mistake that was purely my reading problem. The recipe said that I needed to put 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder, but because I was not paying close attention as I was watching my show I started putting 3/4 CUPS of baking powder. I did this because the step before the baking powder was cups so I just did not realize the measurement had changed! I was confused because in most recipes there usually is not much baking powder so I was confused on why I had to put so much in. I quickly realized and shoved all the baking powder back into its container and fixed my measurement. My second mistake was that I may have put too little batter in the cupcake holders because they could have expanded a little bit more. When they baked they did not overflow at all and I was kind of expecting them too. 
   
    Next time: In the future, I will 100% make this recipe again because the final product were really amazing. Next time I will make sure to pay close attention to the measurements and I will pour more batter into the cupcake holders. 

    Conclusion: These were such great cupcakes to share with my family and will definitely be made again. I recommend making them for birthdays or for celebrating something because they are great for anyone. I would rate this recipe 10/10 because the Nutella frosting was absolutely amazing (Nutella is my favorite)! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the final product because the cupcakes were devoured so quickly I barely had time to take my phone out. Although these cupcakes were really sugary and very chocolate concentrated, my family and I were able to enjoy the cupcakes.   

Comments

Popular Posts