Crème Brûlée - Day 3

    A very special dish in my French family that my grandmother would always make was a delicious Crème Brûlée . So, I decided to create this wonderful dessert for my family tonight. Since I've started my blog I have been starting with desserts as they are such a treat after a long week! The Crème Brûlée recipe seemed short and simple to make so I decided to take an adventure and try my best.

Boiling the heavy cream 



Preparations: As I quickly scanned the recipe I realized that the recipe for the Crème Brûlée was the same as the Crème Anglaise but with less sugar and heavy cream instead of milk. In order to prepare, I decided to boil the heavy cream first so that it was ready to mix with all other ingredients. The boiling was the only part that used heat meaning that that was the only preparing I had to do other than getting all the ingredients out. Of course, like all my other blogs, I made sure my counter was clean and all my ingredients were out at my disposition so that I could make everything much faster. 
Warming the mixture up



Time: The majority of time that is spent making this dish is when the Crème is in the refrigerator cooling down and solidifying. I only spent 30 minutes making the dish but then what took most time was the cooling down which had to stay in the fridge overnight. So I did not spend much time making it so it was very easy to make. 

Realizations: I was so excited when I saw that the recipe was short and was easy to follow because I did not want to spend my entire night making this dessert. After eating it I realized that although the steps were easy and simple to follow it was very difficult to create a perfect end result. So I realized that I should not be fouled with how short and simple the recipe looks because it is always harder than it looks when it comes to baking and cooking. 

Mistakes: I was disappointed when I ate the final product and it had grainy texture and there were not as many portions as I had expected. The reason why the final product was grainy was possibly because I continued to boil all the ingredients when the instructions said not to bring it to a boil. As a result of my electric stove top I had trouble controlling the temperatures of the mixture. The final product was still delicious but it could have been better. I should have double my ingredients as there were not many portions and with a large family it was certainly not enough. 
Passing mixture through sieve 



Next Time:   The next time I make this recipe as it was extremely good, I will definitely be more careful with my stove top and the heat. This recipe was still amazing and my family was asking for more, so next time I will 100% double the recipe. 

Conclusion: This recipe is a for sure re-do because it was so so good! My family really enjoyed eating it and they said that it was not too filling but it they felt as though it was enough for a dessert. This dessert is a perfect yummy and sophisticated dessert that is usually loved by everyone who eats it. I would rate this recipe a 9/10 as a result of the grainy texture but that was my fault and once I repeat it, I will make sure to fix my mistake. I would totally recommend this recipe and hope everyone shares it with their families. 
The final products!


Comments

Popular Posts