Pâte à Crêpes - Day 2


    Initially, I wanted to make a wonderful dinner that everyone in my family could devour, but sadly time flashed before my eyes and by the time I was going to start cooking it was too late. Although, I was still determined to make something. I decided on something that was simple and quick to make. As a result of the lack of time on my hands, I actually discovered one of the best recipes for crêpes. My family loves crêpes so much that when we were younger we would have Sunday crêpe night where my mother would make soup and then we would have crêpes. I never would have imagined that I would have found a better recipe that we were using, but clearly I was wrong. 

The Recipe

Preparations: This delectable recipe does not require many ingredients and is extremely simple to follow. So, in order to prepare I only had to take my blender and all the ingredients out. This recipe was so simple that I did not even need the assistance of my sous - chef (my mom). 

Time: Overall, this entire recipe took me about 30 minutes in total. First, I had to put all four ingredients into the blender which probably took about 10 minutes and then the part that took longer was the cooking. Once all of the ingredients were blended into a smooth liquid, the crêpes needed to be cooked in a pan and this took a little bit more time and attention because it is a tricky game as to when the crêpe is ready to be flipped. I was extremely excited by the short amount of time that it took me to make this because I was really in need for something that took such little effort but was still a treat to eat. 

Before blending


Realizations: After being so shocked by the amount of time and focus the blending took, I was beyond excited that I did not have to do much. French crêpes are so delicious that I thought they would be harder to make, although, clearly I was not spending enough time in the kitchen with my mom when she was making them. I quickly realized after burning one crêpe that I had to be more attentive for the cooking, making me realize why cooking and baking is a full-time job.  

Mistakes: With such small amounts of directions and ingredients, I thought that it would be impossible to fail, although I was very wrong. As I started to pour the liquid into the pan I did not think deeply about how long I would leave the crêpe in before needing to flip it. For the first crêpe, it was pretty burned and gross tasting as it stayed on the pan for much longer than it should have been. Quickly, I changed my method and realized that right when the top of the liquid was kind of absorbed that I needed to flip it carefully. Once I started doing this, I noticed my final products were much better.

Right about to be flipped


Next time:  I will most definitely be re-doing this recipe as it gave me the best crêpes that I have ever eaten at home. In the future, I will be using my new cooking method where I flip right when I start to notice that the liquid has begun to be absorbed. The crêpes were extremely delicious but the recipe did say that it would make around 25 to 30 crêpes but it made about 13 which was not enough for my three older brothers and me. I would probably double the recipe next time or use a smaller pan in order to create smaller crêpes. 

Conclusion: This is probably one of my favorite recipes so far although I am still thrilled to try other new recipes as well. This recipe will be my go-to crêpe recipe until I find an even better one! I would rate it a solid 10/10 because it was so great with both dessert additions and ham, cheese, and even eggs. As a lover of Nutella, I would recommend putting them together! I continue to be impressed with Julia Child's recipe book and cannot wait to cook my way through another adventurous recipe. 


Final Product with powdered sugar

Comments

Popular Posts